Friday 16 November 2012

Our History



Ever wondered how did Johnson Duck business expand with just duck??


Here's your answer to your curiosity:


When Mr. Johnson Lock, the owner of The Johnson Duck Company was 24 years old, he decided to start operations in 1980 at Bukit Timah selling an array of food such as duck (whole and per serving), chicken, char siew, and roast pork. At first, they thought of it simply as a job and a way to put food on the table. However, in the 1980s, The Johnson Duck Company became well-known for its delicious duck and low prices.
It was around that time when Mr. Lock started to branch out to other parts of Singapore with the main branch in Bukit Timah and with a poultry production factory in Ulu Pandan. Over the years, The Johnson Duck Company became more and more well-known throughout the island and grew to the current large chain it is today. Despite the economic crash and bird flu incident that caused people to lose confidence in poultry, Johnson Duck still managed to become one of the first store businesses of local food in Singapore with certain branches serving claypot dishes in order to add even more variety to their chain, and currently Johnson Duck had switched more towards authentic Chinese claypot dishes while having branches with Roasted Duck as the specialty.

OUR HISTORY ON NEWSPAPER!!!









6 comments:

  1. At kopitiam Yishun, one of your staff, a male Chinese stout man which I had bought beside the chicken wings but a whole duck before last Sunday 23/7/2017 was very unethical. Your chicken wings was on offer, he sold me at full price as on the display. I pointed to the offer on display but he redirected me to the display behind the stall. Later I found out he charged me the full price and not the offer price. He refused to make right the intended mistake until a China lady staff came out from the back to make the refund and even uttered that should tell the boss to cancel the offer. He even challenged me to complain. I told him it's an offer how can he outrightly cheat me. I have been patronising the stall every Sunday and I really find the duck I have eaten that Sunday was the best I ever tasted although I had been to Balestier road before when your stall was selling the duck at $13, never had I been treated this way. Is this the way to treat your customer? I am not against your food but your service staff abhor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have any outlet near sengkang ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Purchase a whole duck on 4/9/2021 between 11-1pn at elais mall ask to debone but I get odd and end more bone than meat also strange thing buy duck get chicken head and duck head not found in box also whole duck debone I get more bone than meat please dont cheat your customer if you think that $18 for a duck is not profitable don't sell at this price to attract customer and end up cheat your customer using this type of practice
    Dishonest business ????

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went to ur stall at Simei.. order 1 whole duck ...but getting only half pastion ... please check on this stall staffs ..
    Thanks
    Francis Chong

    ReplyDelete